April 14, 2011

The Time Traveler's Wife

I find this movie romantic...yet, depressing at the same time.
the man:        Henry  (played by: Eric Bana)
the woman:   Clare  (played by: Rachel Mc Adams)



What I loved about The Time Traveler’s Wife is the theme of relationship / marriage.


Two people desperately love and want to be together, but there is one "issue" that keeps them apart…the Henry's time traveling.
But then, come to think of it: in the first place, it was  Henry's time traveling that brought him to Clare.



In real life, the "time traveling" is an analogy.


That, in a relationship, there is this "thing" that's a BLESSING... and eventually becomes a CURSE (?).


Some couples meet and fall in love... because "work" brought them together.  And it's also the same "work" that physically separates them.

(read:  LONG-DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS )

Quote from Clare: "Now I wait for Henry. He vanishes unwillingly, without warning. 

I wait for him. Each moment I wait feels like a year, an eternity. Each moment is as slow and transparent as glass… Why has he gone where I cannot follow?"


Now, what if Clare and I share the same destiny... would i also WAIT for months...or years...until he comes back?

nah... i doubt it.
'coz for me: TIME and DISTANCE is NON-NEGOTIABLE.


but then, if it's really, really my destiny
...i would drop everything off
... i would NOT just sit and WAIT for him to be back again.
... rather, i would then be willing to move, to travel, and move again

and do all the ways JUST TO BE WITH MY MAN.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment